Difference between cloud hosting and VPS hosting
VPS is an old traditional virtualization technology where one physical server, divided into several smaller server containers that each act as their own virtual server environment.
- Typically less expensive than cloud servers.
- If needed one VPS can be rebooted without affecting other VPSs.
- They do not offer high-availability. If a physical server fails, all VPSs on that server fail.
- Security concerns. If one container compromised on your node then your VPS could be negatively affected.
- Computing resources are shared between all server, RAM, bandwidth and CPU performance can be affected if a VPS is demanding a higher load.
Cloud Hosting services that are provided to customers is a peace of multiple interconnected servers that comprise a cloud and as opposed to traditional hosting forms such as shared hosting, and dedicated hosting, data is rendered from various servers.
- Custom Infrastructure – clients can include custom network architecture, firewalls, load balancing and IP deployment.
- Availability and Scalability – if one physical server fails, cloud servers/instance can be moved to another physical server without an outage.
- Completely secure since you virtually have your own server and completely separated with no risk to your data from amid.
- Typically, a little more expensive than VPS.
A Cloud server can be labeled as a VPS server but a VPS container is not a cloud server.
On the other hand, both cloud and VPS server are using virtualization technology such as KVM, VMWare and HyperV, and OpenStack.
|Features||Cloud Hosting||VPS Hosting|
|Scalable||It is scalable||It is not scalable at all.|
|Resource Upgrade||Instant||Takes time (Limited)|
|CPU & RAM||Completely isolated||Shared among all Containers|
|Payment Model||Pay as you use||Payment is Monthly & Yearly|
|Choice of infrastructure||Available||Not Available|
|Over All||Cheaper on public cloud, but costly on Private cloud.||Relatively cheaper than private cloud.|
|Choice of Operating system||Can choose any OS||Only one OS depends upon the parent server VM|
ServerAdminz provides Outsourced 24/7 Technical Support, Remote Server Administration, Server Security, Linux Server Management, Windows Server Management and Helpdesk Management to Datacenters, Hosting companies and ISPs around the world. We specialize in Extended Server Security, Server Hardening, Support of Linux/UNIX/Windows servers, products and services.If you are looking for a server management service provider, you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (845) 271 7172.
ServerAdminz is a server support company specialized in Outsourced 24/7 Web Hosting Support, Remote Infrastructure Management, NOC, Cloud and Enterprise Security Services. With over 10+ of years of experience in working with major Data Centers and ISPs with 130+ experienced technicians, we continue to manage more than 49,000 servers from 85+ countries and has bagged 5 international awards.
If you have any queries on vps and cloud hosting services, share your thoughts and our representative will get back to you.[two_third last=”yes” spacing=”yes” center_content=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” border_position=”all” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”” padding=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”” animation_speed=”0.1″ class=”” id=””]